- Industrial Training Center for the Blind & Deaf (Mysore)
- The Industrial Training Center for the Blind & Deaf in Mysore offers a one-year training program and admits 25 visually handicapped and/or hearing impaired students per year. This is a free one-year program and the curriculum includes light engineering, re-caning, plastic injection molding, coir rope making and electrical wiring.
- Ratna Atmaram Rao Computer Training Center (Bangalore)
- NAB’s Ratna Atmaram Rao Computer Training Center offers two IT courses:
1. Basic – an 80-hour program that covers the fundamentals of IT, email, internet and Office applications using Braille keyboards and voice-enabled software.
2. Advanced Programming Courses – this is a one-year program that covers programming logic and techniques, Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Visual Basic 6.0.
- All students have to execute project work and get a certificate from the National Institute for Information Technology (NIIT) which conducts an examination.
- Technical Training
- Visually impaired students with a matriculation/SSLC/10th standard qualification are eligible for this 2-year technical training program. Each year 10 trainees are selected for this course which is recognized by the State Council for Vocational Training (SCVT). The course covers the general mechanics (fitter’s trade), injection molding and basic electronics.